View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:52 AM   #22
dzuckerman
Rubber Obsessor

Default Santa gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstreez View Post
Oh dear. I got some really awful papers and garish stickers from someone well meaning. Actually, in the right hands these could be made into a lovely card, but unfortunately not my hands. LOL. Not wanting to be beaten I've taken a good long hard look at them wondering if I could alter them in some way that I would find more appealing. Sadly I am beaten.

To be fair this person is not a card maker so has no understanding about this craft apart from the connection with paper, lol. So when she saw THIS CARD I made last year, she put two and two together and came up with glitter stickers and paper from the dollar store. I can understand how a non crafter can make that assumption, so I can't take it to heart.

My partner has also been the reciever of 'what will I do with that?' gifts from the same person, but we both agree she does put effort into her gift selections, even if they miss the mark. It kept us amused for another year. I wonder who will get the 'strange' gift next year.

I did get some really cool glitter paper and bling from a nephew. Now that I can use!! I think he has been watching me, lol.

Enjoy your gifts everyone.

I got a laugh reading your post. I noticed you are from Queensland. I was there some years ago and absolutely loved it. The Great Barrier Reaf swallowed my ruby/diamond ring. It was the best vacation though.