View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
Chipchick
Mad Swapper

Location: I live in North Texas, but my heart remains in New Mexico.

I have rescue kitties. Sometimes rescue animals never completely relax. Sometimes you have to be content with the fact that they are happy, even if they don't let you touch them. All but one of my 7 cats were strays/reacues. Two of them were feral litter mates rescued at about 2 months. They were at a rescue shelter for 5 months before we took them. They were terrified and hissed when we saw them, and we took them thinking we might never be able to pet/hold them. That was 4 years ago. One of them took about a month to let us pet him; he will sleep by us, get in our lap and let us pick him up, but he is still easily scared, even by us. His brother hid under the bed and we didn't even see him for two months. Now he will come into the room we are in and sleep with us in the same room, but we can only pet him every once in a while and usually when he is on something high. While I would dearly love to pick him up and cuddle him, it is enough that he is happy. I hope that he will eventually let us pick him up, but realize that may never happen. I'm happy that he is happy. So give Louie time.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!