View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
**JILL**
Rubber Obsessor

Question I'm the bad guy again :-(

OK - I've got a knot in my gut and I am feeling like the bad guy once again. My step son is staying with us a few days. He is 17. He wanted to take his friend (a 16 year old girl) to the movies today and I said that I would take them. However, I wanted to talk to her parents to make sure that they are OK with it. She has not been able to get a hold of her mother. They gave me her cell number and I called but got voice mail, left a message asking her to give me a call. I've not heard from her mother so I would not take them and now the kids are mad. Step son keeps saying that I don't trust them and that she had permission to "hang out" with him today. To me that doesn't mean it's OK to be dropped off at the movies for a 3 hour movie with no cell reception. He says that "hanging out in this day and age means going somewhere" - his words. Am I old fashioned, being ridiculous? Do people not care where their kids are these days? I feel really bad but would not want to drop someone else kid at the movie theater without knowing her parents are OK with it. Did I do the right thing?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!