View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #992
RiverIsis
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutta View Post
Quote:
I especially love the metal art suggestion with the tomato paste tubes.......if only we had those here!

I found those tubes of tomato paste, but they were so much more expensive, I wouldn't buy them for crafting. As a side note, did you ever get discouraged using just a few tablespoons of tomato paste from a can and have the rest go to waste? I started putting the remainder, in 2 T amounts in zip locks, flattening them as much as possible and then freezing them. No more waste!! When your want to add some tomato goodness to pasta, soup, or sauce, flip it out of the bag frozen. If you let it thaw, it's harder to get every bit.

Jutta.
That's a good way to use ice cube trays as well - think Nigella Lawson even freezes ingredient portions in ice cube trays then puts them in a larger bag/box to use the tray etc... HTH

FWIW it is worth - drink cans and other foil can be used similarly - some are more pliable than others.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!