Thread: The Quackers!
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #17194
Avoca Sue
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
so no beach today~ we both got caught up on chores, he is working on getting PhotoShop on his new laptop & I finished wrapping. I think I'll bake this afternoon. Cooler temps make having the oven on nice

Kelly, it was 41 when I woke up' yeah you are still colder!!!! But our heat came on for the first time ever! and it came on a lot!

41* would be wonderful, of course I'd lose all my snow but it was kind of cold at 2* when I left for work this morning. Yep, that's right, I had to be to work at 10:00am on Christmas Day. I volunteered to work 6hrs. It is mandatory that we "volunteer" for 2 holidays per year. So when I was hired back last February, I put down Christmas Day as one of the days I would work. Christmas is on the 24th with Davina and family and then I always thought that the 25th should be their day - stay home and enjoy each other.

Too bad Davina's in-laws didn't take the hint. Chad's step-mother "insists" that they have to come on the 25th. This year Chad's mom had her Christmas on the 22nd. But it is a special circumstance for them to also go to Chad's grandma's today - Chad's grandpa passed in October and so this would be first year for Grandma Mary - so after 58+yrs kids and grands thought it would be best not to have her be alone for the first one. Guess I can understand that.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!