Thread: Purging ??
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 03:42 AM   #90
ScrappinCEO
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstreez View Post
I think I started my purge just over 12 months ago, and the first thing on the purge list was the paper. I had sorting boxes and tossed in paper according to 'keep', 'maybe', 'give away' or 'throw away' decisions. While doing this I kept in mind that a quick game is a good game,

Now my paper was reduced I wanted to find a storage solution for the paper that would work for me. First, by chance, I found a second hand set of drawers which was perfect for my needs. Then I decided I wanted to limit myself to just a few select brands and a few select collections of paper with in those brands. So more paper was purged. Then I made the most crucial decision that was to have an impact across my whole craft room, there was to be NO CRAMMINIG, and NO OVERFLOW.

Half way thru the year I relocated, but by then I had organized a storage solution for nearly all sections of my craft room. I purged nearly everything that didn't fit with in my system and guidelines of no overflow or cramming. I still have issues in some areas but for now I can live with that.

For the record, I never had issues with lack of space. I just got to a point where I felt burdened with all the excess. I sold some stuff and what I gave away made some people very happy.
Great advice!
When we were planning our move, and I knew what my space would be, I did pretty much the same thing. If it wasn't going to fit into the new space it didn't go in a packing box.

However, since moving and having 'more time' to create and using my creating as part of my freelance, I've found myself trying new techniques, requiring new stuff. LOL Now I need to scale back and refocus... again. We've hit over-flow.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!