Thread: Purging ??
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #88
Misstreez
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I think I started my purge just over 12 months ago, and the first thing on the purge list was the paper. I had sorting boxes and tossed in paper according to 'keep', 'maybe', 'give away' or 'throw away' decisions. While doing this I kept in mind that a quick game is a good game,

Now my paper was reduced I wanted to find a storage solution for the paper that would work for me. First, by chance, I found a second hand set of drawers which was perfect for my needs. Then I decided I wanted to limit myself to just a few select brands and a few select collections of paper with in those brands. So more paper was purged. Then I made the most crucial decision that was to have an impact across my whole craft room, there was to be NO CRAMMINIG, and NO OVERFLOW.

Half way thru the year I relocated, but by then I had organized a storage solution for nearly all sections of my craft room. I purged nearly everything that didn't fit with in my system and guidelines of no overflow or cramming. I still have issues in some areas but for now I can live with that.

For the record, I never had issues with lack of space. I just got to a point where I felt burdened with all the excess. I sold some stuff and what I gave away made some people very happy.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!