View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Kathlyn47
Rubber Obsessor

Default Suggestions Please: How to Control Embossing Powder Residue

I'm big on embossing, just love that extra dimension it gives to my cards, and I'm sure many of you feel the same. But has anyone found a way to successfully help control the powder residue?

No matter what I've tried, how many times I vacuum or dust with a Swifter, there is continually a layer of powder residue over my entire craft area. Just recently a good bit landed on an unopened ink pad and I had to junk it after many attempts to clean it. My error, I learn the hard way.

I do know that while I am stamping and embossing our AC ceiling vents are running off and on, bouncing the air flow all over and maintaining the temp. in the house and distributing the stuff. This is something I can't control other than I am not close to the vents. I prefer my embossing tray, pal, powders, heat gun adjacent to my stamping area so I can immediately emboss while the ink is damp.

So my DH and I came up with this idea this am and I thought I would run it by the forum to see if this has worked for someone. We are going to design a 5 sided box from foam board and assemble it with duct tape. This will be large enough so I can open and apply the powder to the stamped image inside the box and then remove the powder and tray from the box and cover the tray. Next I will seal the powder with the heat gun inside the box. It all sounds like too many steps, but then it's a lot more effort to vacuum the work area so often.

Was this approach successful with anyone? Or is there a better suggestion out there?
your help and ideas would be appreciated
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!