View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #2063
jknath
Kookie Creator

It is interesting that he would say this considering something similar happened not too long ago at an Amish school. I am quite certain that prayer and god was a a significant part of their curriculum. Did they not pray enough? Did they not pray in the correct way? Or wait, I know, the devil caused that one because they prayed too much. How incredibly insensitive and arrogant of him to imply that it is our fault not that of a singular, disturbed individual. I think it is nearly impossible for people like him to believe that no matter how much you pray, go to church, do good deeds, give money to the church or help others, bad things still happen. They can't blame god so they blame everyone/everything else. It makes me so sad and angry that I can barely think straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonRR View Post
Mike Huckabee:“We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we have systematically removed God from our schools,” Huckabee said on Fox News, discussing the murder spree that took the lives of 20 children and 6 adults in Newtown, CT that morning. “Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage?”
“[W]e’ve made it a place where we don’t want to talk about eternity, life, what responsibility means, accountability — that we’re not just going to have be accountable to the police if they catch us, but one day we stand before, you know, a holy God in judgment,” Huckabee said. “If we don’t believe that, then we don’t fear that.”
He said those suffering from a crisis from faith should look to God in the community’s response to the violence. But he added that “Maybe we ought to let [God] in on the front end and we wouldn’t have to call him to show up when it’s all said and done at the back end.”

Blog Paper Rocks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!