View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #17
QueenOfInkland
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

I love this thread, too !!

Mine was when I was working on an a page for a memory album. I wanted to put some artistic spatters of ink and I'd seen someone somewhere (it might have been Dee Gruenig) spray the ink up into the air and then let the ink mist down onto the paper - it was really cool.

So I tried it with some dark ivy green colored ink. My fatal flaw was that I used Ranger's color wash spray. It was the first time that I ever used color wash and when I sprayed it into the air, it was not a mist LOL.... It shot a straight stream of ink all the way up to the ceiling and then the ink came down and, in addition to the dark green ink getting all over the ceiling, it was all over my desk and the floor and me and everything within about a 6' radius of where I was sitting when I sprayed it. What a NIGHTMARE that was heehee.

-------------------
And let's not forget the time that I took a soldering class. About an hour into the class, our instructor told all of us to check our irons because something was burning. Yep - it was my iron melting plastic bags at my station. But oh no - we're not done yet!!! Within a half hour of that incident, I was having problems keeping the tip of my soldering iron clean so I (DOHHHHHHHHHHHHH) used my fingers to try to get a lump of solder off of the tip of the hot soldering iron (along the lines of the glue gun incident in this thread). Boy did that hurt - they had to get the burn kit out. I have not soldered since that class.

Keep these coming, they're great

Last edited by QueenOfInkland; 12-21-2012 at 03:33 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!