View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #4838
FiP
Matboard Maniac

Hookcrafter - if you're not already a stamper, I'd start with a set of sayings and a few images that you like. Practise with each stamp before you use it to get the feel of what to do to get a nice image. I use printer paper as an insert on my cards. If you goof stamping the words inside, don't attach it, just try again. I also use 'express-it' brand adhesive tape, which has a white paper backing and doesn't need scissors to cut pieces off. If you emboss, do invest in an anti-static pillow to avoid those stray bits. When I started seriously crafting, I ran out and bought everything from $2 stores. So now, I have lots of sequins and stickers, etc that I'll end up giving away. Try to start slow, and don't invest in alot of expensive stuff right off the bat. If you're able to access classes, attend a couple. Or the internet probably has plenty to help beginners. I think we probably all cringe when we look at our crafted efforts when we started (even tho we thought they were excellent at the time), but it's a learning process like everything else in life. Enjoy!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!