View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #4837
Kduff
Gabfest Goddess

Hookcrafter

I'm also a stand up person while I papercraft I think you get a better view I feel odd sitting down to do anything but colour in.

My first item was decal scissors and I still use and have them now. Know that unless you are scrapbooking it doesnn't need to be acid free so you can delve into your sewing cabinet for items (I love to use my tracing wheel and cottons), your office desk for brads, a ruler and other basics. Office supply stores are great for my guillotine, pens, water colour pencils etc. My first stamp pad was a basic office stamp pad with only 2 sayings, happy birthday and merry christmas, I changed to better later.
My white card stock comes from a pack of Alpine 200 A4 sheets (stationary shop).

Sometimes cheap will not do, finding the right adhesives/glue is what took me the longest to figure out (I had things fall off the front.). I use 'express it' adhesive tape in different widths most times and a ZIG glue pen for finer stuff.

My first big ticket item was a cuttle bug I bought on special.

My suggestion is make a list of possible things to have and look at the stores around, note who has what prices and go back, it may be a nuisance at first but will be worth it.

Here is a great thread to have a peek at though it will take a while to read.

Last edited by Kduff; 12-20-2012 at 11:12 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!