View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 05:01 AM   #4836
sc magnolia
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookcrafter View Post
I have a question. I want to get into papercrafting it looks so interesting with all the cute things that can be made.

How did you ladies start off? What kind of equipment, paper, tape, etc... did you start with?

Thanks
Wow! When I first started, over 20 years ago, I had a stamp pad, a stamp and embossing powder. I didn't have a heat gun so I used the side of the toaster Back then I thought that embossing was the coolest thing since sliced bread!

The basic things you'd need to get started are card stock, paper cutter, adhesive, stamps and ink pads.

A paper trimmer with a blade is a less expensive way to go for a beginner. Although I've been doing this a long time and I use one most of the time! It scores and cuts so I save space not having two things out on my desk.

For a beginner, I'd recommend a stamp set. That way you get a few stamps that go together and would give you some variety as well. Also a basic black ink pad like Stazon and a few basic colors. I also like the Tombo multi purpose glue and a tape runner is a must have in my opinion. I love the Glue Glider Pro. Sticks like crazy and my stuff doesn't come apart. I will tell you what NOT to get. Even though I'm a demonstrator, I do not recommend Stampin' Up's "Snail tape runner." It does not stick - doesn't hold worth a flip. I love the company's products but not that one. I agree with a previous poster, that it would be a good idea to look at the member companies. Once you find one that appeals to you, that can help you make choices that will be easier on your budget. Any of the companies that have demonstrators can help you select things that work together and will be cheaper.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!