View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #4835
JBgreendawn
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookcrafter View Post
I have a question. I want to get into papercrafting it looks so interesting with all the cute things that can be made.

How did you ladies start off? What kind of equipment, paper, tape, etc... did you start with?

Thanks
what I started with is not what I use now... through trial and error I have learned what I dont like. so my advice to you is to NOT run to the nearest craft store with your coupons and debit card and buy one of everything... most of it you dont need... and some you will not like...

so, what you really need is the patience to learn what works and why it works... and research things.

I started with stampin' up papers because, that is what I was exposed to first.
I still buy their cardstock. I think part of what you buy depends on what you want to create. a lot of the tools for paper crafting, cards or scrapbooking are the same. so that helps. part of what you need will depend on your own personal style. I found I like to create standing up. I do not have the right perspective sitting down, so I use nearly every time I play.
and guillotine style paper cutter, detail scissors (cutterbees), a bone folder, an an ATG gun for adhesive but I own lots of kinds of adhesive that is just my first reached for item and I add glue dots or what not as needed.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!