View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #48
UnderstandBlue
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Cream Cheese Mints

I just made these and they are BEYOND incredible. Also, SO easy and beautiful!!! Source: Kelley Highway: Homemade Cream Cheese Mints

1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon pure peppermint or mint extract
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
(Optional) Food coloring
(Optional) Rainbow-colored sugar crystals

Directions:

Line baking sheets with waxed paper. I use jelly roll-size pans.

In a mixing bowl, with an electric mixer beat together softened cream cheese and peppermint extract.

*Note: While creaming the cream cheese is the ideal time to add food coloring to dye the dough.

Add powdered sugar gradually and beat until smooth, kneading in the last of the powdered sugar with hands or a heavy spoon.

Lightly dust the wax paper-lined baking sheets with sifted powdered sugar.

Using a 1/2-teaspoon measuring spoon, form mixture into balls the size of a cherry.

NOTE: I DO NOT roll the mints in sugar crystals. Although that colorful sugar makes the mints sparkle, for our family, biting into the mint and having the crunch of the sugar crystals isundesirable. However, if you like that sugary crunch, at this point roll the dough ball in a bowl of granulated or sugar crystals.

Place two rows of dough balls 1/2-inch or so apart, then flatten with a pretty stamp or a fork, like I do. If you'll lay out a couple rows first, by the time you're ready to roll out the third row, the tops of the dough balls are dry enough to flatten easily without having to dip and re-dip the fork in powdered sugar.

Let the mints stand overnight. Every several hours, gently turn them over.

Note: For Easter, make these Friday morning of Easter weekend. Throughout the day both Friday and Saturday, gently turn them so all sides dry out well.

Place mints neatly in a lidded tin.

For the top layer, I laid another silver foil-paper doily atop the bottom layer of mints, and centered a stack of a four or five cupcake papers to keep the top layer of mints spaced neatly around it...

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-06-2013 at 02:52 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!