View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #4834
kspiv
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookcrafter View Post
I have a question. I want to get into papercrafting it looks so interesting with all the cute things that can be made.

How did you ladies start off? What kind of equipment, paper, tape, etc... did you start with?

Thanks
Hi and Welcome! Papercrafting is a total addiction, which is why many of us turn to selling at craft fairs....haha!

I started with scrapbooking, then evolved to cards, then on to the cute 3-D type of items. So when I started, I had bought a bunch of stuff from Creative Memories for scrapbooking. Then I found Stampin' Up for cardmaking and bought a bunch of their stuff, then I found a bunch of other companies and bought a bunch of their stuff! So, needless to say, I HAVE A BUNCH OF STUFF! =)

Everyone has their personal preferences on their equipment. It is best to find what works best for you. I have paper cutters from Creative Memories and Stampin' Up...both are different kinds...the one from SU is their guillotine style which is what I use most.

As for adhesives, I have about every kind of thing in the world too and I use it all because different projects call for different adhesives. I mostly use Tombow Mono Multi glue for projects. I like its hold! I only use tape runner occassionally but many people swear by the Tombow tape runners. Sticky strip tape is another one that is great for putting together boxes and other 3-D items.

There is cardstock and then Designer Paper, which can be 1 sided printed or 2 sided printed. It can come in various sizes from 6x6 to 12x12. It is nice to have both for projects, especially like all of us here do, where you are selling items. DSP (Designer Series Paper or Double Sided Paper) is good because it adds alot to an item without as much work as stamping, etc.

I would start looking around at some of the member companies' products here, visit the Stampin' Up website and check out some of their stuff, and just look around in general in the gallery to see things you like. Many times it links back to a blog or gives a description of items they used and where they got them.

Mostly, have fun, start off small to make sure you like it and you can check here on the Buy/Sell/Trade Forums to find some deals on stamp sets, etc.