View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #2020
ScrappinCEO
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies - okay afternoon.

I thought I'd better let you all know I'm alive since Susan texted me to check. Thank you sweetie!

It's just been uber crazy. And most not having anything to do with the holidays. I've battled a head cold for the past 2 weeks. I think it's finally going away. I was able to work out yesterday.

While battling the head cold, I've been covering multiple events for the paper. My pride coverage was an interview with a private conductor, Maestro Steven Byess. Such a wonderful person. We had dinner on the night of the interview plus I had lunch with him and the entire Polish Sinfonia ensemble from Krakow Poland the next day. Steven went on to Tupelo where he is the music director there while I continued to spend time on and off the next week with the ensemble and the Polish conductor. It was an amazing week.

Aside from Steven and I becoming friends, I've made friends with one of the violinists. We've already swapped emails.

This 13-city tour of the ensemble is part of The Messiah Project and is Grant/ private donation funded. We are already praying for grants next year to bring them back. Bob and I are hosting one of the rehearsal dinners.

In the mean time, I've realized how much I love symphony/ and some Opera music and am planning a couple of meet-ups with Steven next year.

Aside from the local reporting stuff, I had my first feature due to Polymer Clay magazine (set for the Mar/ April 2013 issue). I was nervous about doing my first feature with photos, getting permissions for product usage, etc. But I think it came out okay and I leave it in my editor's capable hands. In the mean time, I have The Last Word column in the issue hitting news stands this month.

Bob is gone for Christmas. We celebrated last Sunday. So now the house is quiet, I'm done with immediate reporting duties and can breath the rest of the year - short though it may be.

And now you know why you've not seen me
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!