View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #79
Makalah
Die Cut Diva

I have a few thoughts on creative goals for next year, mostly out of frustration...

1. Better organize/unpack my craft room. I moved to my place in July, and have a craft room (yay!) but haven't quite figured out organization that works in this space.

2. After #1, strategically buy what I need. I joined SU as a demo in August, and don't yet have many cardstock colors. I have some sampler packs, and have started buying individual colors (which is what I need to mass produce cards for demo swaps or holiday cards)...but looking at my cardstock shelf, I have 5 shades of pink, 4 shades of green, only 1 blue, and not a single package of orange, yellow, purple, gray, and countless others. Of course, the snowflake card I want to make would look best with a darker blue, and now I'm frustrated that I only have a bright blue.

3. Create more cards in advance. I have yet to really start on my christmas cards this year. It's now 12/19, and they have to be mailed by Friday at the latest, but I have plans tomorrow night, so it will mean more stressful, rushed creating trying to just get them done rather than having fun and really layering stuff on like I'd prefer to really impress the recipients (especially to all the crafty friends that will get them).

4. Build my SU business - find new customers, send thank you cards to my friends/customers that order, post more projects and content to my blog, hopefully Convention, do more demo swaps, etc.

5. Learn SU's My Digital Studio. I bought it 50% off recently, but need to download it and play around with it to make stuff.

6. Print photos somewhere so I can try scrapbooking for my gazillions of vacation photos. I've given 1.5 scrapbooks away as gifts without photos in them, so this will be a new adventure to go from cardmaking to doing 12x12s with pictures.

7. Have more common cards on hand (play for fun!) and send more "just because" cards.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!