Thread: Cricut FAQ
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #2810
sewnmachine
Polyshrink Goddess

Sherry,

Don't abandon your investment because your Gypsy died! Try Cricut Craft Room. I just posted this on the Cricut message board;

I just wanted to pop in here and give a shout out for CCR!! It works with all my machines and I love it.

I'm making several Solstice cards, and I started out with my Gypsy. I gave up on that....too small, too frustrating. For quick small projects I do fine with the Gypsy or even just using my machines with cartridges.

But this project was more involved. So, I fired up CCR and went to town. Geez - it's like night and day. I think what I find so appealing is that the mat is large, and I can color my layers.

I got all of my carts out to pop into the machine when prompted and everything cut out perfectly. AND I was using a refurb Expression that I got on Black Friday.

Now, PC - please please please get cranking on fixing CCR so my Gypsy linked carts can be linked to CCR. When that happens this program/application will be perfect! (imho).

I will gladly, willingly move from my Gypsy to CCR and not look back.

ps - btw, I finally worked up the nerve to update my Gypsy - and everything went smooth. So I was able to go ahead and link Suburbia and TBBM2.

I may be tempting fate here, I better just leave well enough alone now for a while.

If you have alot of cartridges you might as well use them either as stand alones with your machines or with CCR. If you try to sell the carts as linked to a Gypsy, you probably won't get much return on the money you've spent (unless of course you have Hello Kitty)..... but before you go with another cutting system maybe re-evaluate how you can still use what you have. If not having the Gypsy is a deal breaker for you, then maybe a silhouette is in your future. But you will still need to use a computer for that. So, try out CCR before you ditch the whole Cricut thing.

Of course this is all your own personal preference - I'm just on a Cricut high right now because the Cricut Craft Room is working like it's supposed to. Tomorrow might be a different story.......