View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #15
Rachelrose
Die Cut Diva

Yes, I suspect production costs have gone up. Everything is going up. The materials used to make the pads have probably gone up. Transporting materials to factory and then product to distributors has no doubt gone up.

That said - I decided this was the time to do what I have known I would have to do eventually, which is get reinkers for all my pads. I had none. That's because I always was more interested in buying another color pad than getting a reinker, which seemed a pretty boring purchase. As my collection grew, I knew I was going to have to remedy my lack of reinkers at some point. So before the price went up, I ordered reinkers for ALL my pads. Ouch. But better now than when they are a dollar more apiece.

I have learned my lesson. As someone on this forum very wisely said, when you buy a pad, you buy a reinker for it. They are a set. When I started collecting the new SU pads, I made sure to buy a reinker for every one I bought. It has slowed down my rate of color acquisition, but now I won't ever have to bite the bullet and drop a wad on reinkers all at once.

RachelRose Designs by Robin... GALLERY

Last edited by Rachelrose; 12-15-2012 at 07:29 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!