WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #229
THE PUNCH, THE BRAD AND THE CUTTLE-BUGLY!
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!
This is my story!
1. We're taking a break from Christmas planning, Christmas shopping, Christmas baking, and from 42,000 Christmas tasks still un-done! Instead, we are taking a trip down memory lane! Well, for those of you that are old like me, it's a trip down memory lane. For you young whipper snappers, just come along for the ride....on a horse.....with Clint Eastwood....okay, well you might know him as Dirty Harry! Yah, that guy!! There is a picture of him attached if you are still confused! Hubba! Hubba!
2. Here's a hint, Clint! If you are not so familiar with the old Clint Eastwood western movie collection as I list 10 of the most memorable western movies, if you are scratching your head, if you are thinking huh?, don't panic and fall off your horse! I am here for you! I am here to tell you how to translate this whole deal into a Teapot Tuesday challenge! Surely after 228 wacky Teapot Tuesday challenges, you gals should be able to follow along, right?
List of Clint Eastwood Memorable Western Movies!
1. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
2. Fistful of Dollars
3. High Plains Drifter
4. For A Few Dollars More
5. Pale Rider
6. Paint Your Wagon
7. Two Mules for Sister Sarah
8. Hang em High
10. The Outlaw Josey Wales
Teapot Tuesday Challenge Translation:
(Movies translated into something a Teapotter can understand!)
1. The Punch, The Brad and The Cuttle-Bugly ~ (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly)
2. A Fistful of Flowers ~ (A Fistful of Dollars)
3. Five Parts Layered ~ (High Plains Drifter)
4. For a Few Buttons More ~ (For a Few Dollars More)
5. Pale Color ~ (Pale Rider)
6. Paint Your Background ~ (Paint Your Wagon)
7. Two Tools for Teapot Tuesday ~ (Two Mules For Sister Sarah)
8. Sew em Down ~ (Hang em High)
9. Unrelated ~ (Unforgiven)
10. The Lawman Terry Merrick ~ (The Outlaw Josey Wales)
Even More Translation:
1. Use a punch, a brad and your cuttlebug (embossing folder)
2. Use a fistful of flowers.
3. Use a layout with five panels layered.
4. Use a few buttons.
5. Use pale colors.
6. Use a technique to *paint* a background.
7. Use two stamping tools and explain what you used in your upload.
8. Use your sewing machine.
9. Use something totally unrelated to a Clint Eastwood movie and choose something from the unrelated list below.
10. Use a law abiding cowboy image.
1. Donald Duck
2. Disney World
3. Any Movie
4. Books and Reading
Got it? You getta choose your own challenge, 1 through 10. But, don't be thinking there are no rules here! There is a rule! In your commentary when you upload your card, you have to list which of the 10 options you chose so we Teapotters won't be confused!
EPEC ~ Extra Points for Extra Cookies:
Yes! They had cookies in the old western days! Duh! You get extra cookies if you forget about Christmas for a couple of hours, have fun with your fellow Teapotters, make a card unrelated to Christmas and don't fall off your horse!
Disclaimer and Warnings:
Teapot Tuesday is not responsible for saloon brawls, runaway horses, stampedes, gunfights, bank robberies and outa control outlaws shootin' it up in the street! Oh and now the warning...word has it that the Lawman Terry Merrick has a wife known simply as Miss Charlene. She is a pretty decent person, kind, fun to be around but you mess with her man, and she turns into Big Butt Bertie! And believe me you don't really wanna go there, she's known to fling things, maybe even bullets! Just stay away from her man, and all will be well!
This week our destination is Eaton Rapids, Michigan. If you would like a destination for your card, how about sending it to Terry? Terry is the husband of fellow Teapotter Charlene (LilLuvsStampin).
Terry has had some pretty significant health issues most recently but he is facing even more and is in the midst of an incredibly hard game of waiting......waiting for a kidney he needs very badly.
To read more about Terry as well as get the address to mail your cards to, please visit Post #328
in the Destination Station tread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!
Here is my card.
Here is a Quick Link
to the Teapot Tuesday #229 Challenge Gallery.
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT229 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given me permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send me a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!
If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!