View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #38
raquelita_uno
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartermrc View Post
My creative plan for 2013 has nothing to do with crafting: I want to get new living room furniture and paint, etc. I'm completely inexperienced at decorating, my folks hardly changed anything for 37 years, and DH thinks everything we own that's old and shabby (most of it is just that) is perfectly fine to keep using as long as it's not dissolved into a pile of dust.
I LOVE decorating and think I have single handedly kept the local hardware store/lumber yard in business with the gallons of paint I've purchased to paint two houses inside and out! I, too, have a bit of painting to do this spring. My craftroom/kids' toy room is still wood paneling and I removed a built-in shelf and can't match the paint in my living room to patch the wall. I'm feeling an accent wall in dusty navy or rust. About the old stuff turning to dust....we pulled up the "vintage" carpet in our daughters' rooms and the carpet bad was nonexistent. Pure dust!

Have fun and take some chances. It's just paint and can always be changed!

As my best friend says, "Stamping....it's cheaper than therapy" to which I add, "Not by much".

My mom was the proud recipient of my first handmade card. Cost $200.

~My Gallery~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!