View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #6215
smriti
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojoxiexie View Post
Hi so this year was my first year at doing craft fairs and I was wondering how you guys make it too such big numbers as I only made 80 before booth fee at each fair my goal is too make it pass 100 at each fair next year any tips
This was my third and although I crossed 100 I didn't make much of a profit after the booth fees.

I think a lot has do with the crowd. At one of my shows people don't want to spend a lot. They're ok with simple items but cheaply priced. I find that hard to do because there's no fun in just covering a composition book. I want to embellish it. The moment I do that my price goes up. At my other fair, I sell banners for $10 and people don't even blink an eye while paying. Also since this show is in first week of Nov people are not all about Christmas; so it would help my sales if I've some "generic" stuff too. So you need to gauge what kind of crowd you have and cater to *their* needs.

Regarding variety, I think there's a delicate balance. Too much variety can be overwhelming for people and they might not buy anything.