View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #25
swldebbie
Gallery Gazer

Zella,
I got the thank you note thing in my head because this past month I had 2 people provide me with great customer service in unexpected places. One was the guy at my local coffee shop who spotted me $1 for a cup of tea when I found I had forgotten to transfer my wallet to my backpack and only had $1 on me. He had no way to know if I'd really bring him the rest of the money later that afternoon, but he did it anyway. The other was in, of all places, Walmart, where a young man working there downloaded a QR bar code reader to his cell phone to help me match lamp bases and shades since I still have a dumb phone and they had no in-store signage with the info I needed. I wrote letters to the managers at both places commending these young men. And so it got me thinking that there are likely other times I should be recognizing people I encounter in my day.

I couldn't have said the USE WHAT I HAVE item any better. I'm in the same boat. I am definitely going ono a craft spending diet for the month of January, spending only on a replacement paper cutter (to be bought with a coupon) and any consumables I may run out of. Otherwise, no new spending. I hope to have at least one month a quarter that I do this. But more importantly, that I don't go hogwild in the intervening months -- NO YO-YO SPENDING!!!!

Post your blog URL when it is up and running so that we can check it out and give you some love!

What a great idea about silly cards for holidays. (FYI -- Lisa Lara has a cute "Scoops" digi set available at Clear Dollar Stamps that would be great for National Ice Cream Day. And, since it's a digi -- no physical space required to store.

Finally, for your card insides -- what I do is I cut regular copy paper just slightly smaller than my card -- say 4" X 10.5" for a tent card -- and then I stamp my sentiment on that. I use a glue stick across the top of the top half and adhere to the back of my card front. This way, I don't spend lots of time on my card, only to mess it up on the inside. Plus, I think it looks more like the fancy schmancy cards you get in the store with the separate sheet for the sentiment.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!