View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 05:46 AM   #6207
brookskaren
Matboard Maniac

JB greendawn, do you stamp a sentiment on the inside of your cards? I am curious because I make pretty cards, usually one of a kind (even the notecard sets I do are one of a kind, but coordinated in color and paper design) and sell very few at craft fairs. I have a rack and they are protected by a plastic sleeve that opens to reveal the inside, which is usually blank, but may be stamped on the edge to coordinate with the front. They generally have quite a bit of stamping and coloring on them, so I don't feel they are machine generated even though I do use my Big Shot to cut trims or to emboss the backgrounds. I get lots of positive comments, but few sales. This year, I reduced them to 3 for $5 or $2 each, which is like giving them away. That also includes a matching envelope which is sometimes stamped on the flap or in a corner to coordinate. So, I can totally relate to what these other ladies are saying. My tags are done the same way, as are my gift cards, etc. I have never made sets of cards, other than the notecards (set of 4) so I don't think the problem is repetition. I use Stampin' Up products, so the quality of materials is great. I really do think it is just a matter of the market, unless it has to do with the blank inside. That is why I am asking about that detail.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!