View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #21
Soozie4Him
Stazon Splitcoast

Great thread! I'd love to hold my much-loved Stamp Camps for my customers once a month, or at least every 6 weeks.

I've been an SU demo for 8 years and I don't get rid of ANYTHING, so I really need to get my stamp sets organized so I can lay my hands on them when I need them. Maybe an index of what I've got. I also would like to pull out some of the great sentiments from mainly image stamp sets, and make, for example, a couple of stamp boxes with "Thanks" sentiments, a couple more of "Birthday" sentiments. Organization is much needed!

I bought myself an art journal and I stamped "My First Art Journal" on the first page in various colors and alphabet stamps. Now I need to put something else in it. I got some gelatos and some distress inks and some Claudine Hellmuth studio paints, and plan to use my watercolor crayons and some of my other stuff, and start playing!!

I want to SEND more of my cards! I've never been a card-sender, I started making cards strictly for the fun of it. Of course I send out Christmas cards (mostly one or two of a kind since I hate mass production of a single design!), but other than that, I don't send out many. So I want to do more of that.

I started making/sending cards to Operation Write Home. What a WONDERFUL organization! I have so many sample cards and my customers have seen them all many many times (they love looking through my binders full of cards). I decided that it was time for them to get USED, so in November, I sent Operation Write Home 197 cards and it was the best feeling, knowing that the troops would be using them to send to their loved ones at home. If you aren't familiar with Operation Write Home, here's the link to their blog. Founder and President of OWH does a LIVE 30-minute show on You Tube every Thursday night at 6:30pm Pacific Time. If you don't catch it live, you can watch it later. This is how I found OWH, through their videos. I love watching people stamp on You Tube...

Operation Write Home: Helping heroes keep in touch with home

Operation Write Home - YouTube

Right now OWH is collecting Valentines (and they always need general cards of all kinds), so if you have time to send some off before the end of December, check it out! Any kind of glitter is forbidden since it can show up on our troops' uniforms.

I would also like to do more creating using my retired stuff. Recently, my youngest daughter (she's grown) asked if I had any low-cost ideas of something she could give her 8-year-old girls that she leads in our church's Awana program for Christmas. I covered composition books with retired DSP and die-cut their initial out of chipboard covered with DSP, and the girls (and their moms!) LOVED them!! My DD sent me a picture of the girls happily holding their journals. So I want to do more projects like this.

That's a good start.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!