View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:55 AM   #19
russnzella
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Great thread! And reading through the posts really got me to thinking and adding to my goals for 2013....and yes, they are goals. I refuse to call them "resolutions" because if I do - I never stick to them! UGH!!!

1. I love the idea of making more thank you cards and finding ways to use them. I must admit that it really bothers me that people don't send thank you cards much anymore even for things they should - much less for things that are more everyday. I want to go outside of the box this year and find those little reasons to say Thank You.

2. USE WHAT I HAVE. Yes, all caps...because it's a huge thing for me. LOL!!! I started this last year - trying to use more of what I have instead of going out and buying more stuff that I really don't need. I look around my craft shelve and stamps and it's truly obscene how much I have that I don't use. So this year is all about using the stash and the stamps that I already have. I confess I have many stamps that are just sitting there and have never seen ink. No more of that. If I don't use it this year - then I guess I really don't need it after all.

3. Start a blog. Yep - I'm going to venture into the world of blogging and start participating in challenges. I'm super excited about this one. I've started working on a blog but haven't published it yet. Hopefully by the 1st of the year.

4. Going through the sketches. I have so many sketches that again - I've never done anything with them so this year is time to dig out my sketch notebook and start at the beginning. Not sure how far I will get in a year, but at least I'll have a starting point.

5. Lastly, my card stash....some of you have already talked about organizing your cards and filling your stash. My goal is for both....and to have some silly cards for those "holidays" that no one celebrates like National Ice Cream Day or something like that....just something fun.

6. Ok, this is the last one - LOL!! Inside of cards.....putting something there. I usually don't - but I like having something on the inside - some words or another image....just something.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!