View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #2685
Anemone
CBC Lady Violet

I am slightly annoyed with my PO. I had asked a couple of weeks ago when was the last date to mail parcels to get to a destination in Canada before Christmas. I was told Dec. 17th. What they DIDN'T tell me was that was only for express. So off I went today to mail my pressies. They were sold out of the largest box that would have held everything (which would have made it easier, because I could have stomached paying the express fees for ONE box, but not two), so I had to settle for two of the next size down. Which meant instead of just packing everything in, I had to not only get everything to fit, but also had to make sure that there was something for everybody in each box in case the boxes got separated. Then when I went to get the postage put on, I was told I had missed the deadline for regular parcel to be guaranteed to arrive before Christmas. They could guarantee it would arrive if I was willing to pay express fees - which were $42 PER BOX! Regular parcel was 18.50. I settle for regular parcel, because $84 for postage is just ridiculous. I will have to hope they go quickly, and email lilbro & SIL and explain. *sigh* I will feel bad if they don't get there in time, but I just think the express was just way too expensive.