Thread: Envelopes
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 AM   #8
RiverIsis
Stazon Splitcoast

I have purchased from Walmart, Staples and just recently Office Depot. I am trying to limit my purchases from the first two for their policies (sorry to get political) So went to Office Depot last time to get my envelopes (now I will probably find out why I shouldn't have gone there ).

They are good for basic envelopes.

If I were doing invitations or something more formal I would want a thicker quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslex View Post
Color me stupid, but I never thought of going somewhere like Staples or any other office store to buy envelopes!!!!!!! What a great idea!!!

I usually buy them from Stampin Up and quite a few years ago I bought a couple boxes from Walmart. They were such a good deal that I bought like 3 boxes and I stored them in my basement (it's where I have all my stamping/scrapbooking stuff) Since I only send out 40-50 Christmas cards a year, I really didn't use them up as fast as I thought and one year when I went to go use them, they seemed like they were all shriveled up and the adhesive didn't stick. I wonder if it's just because of the humidity down there or something else.
Yes, you have a humidity/dampness problem... You may be able to salvage them. I too craft in my finished basement, I have gone to using the self seal envelopes with pull strips and see if you can find some silica packs (in shoe boxes) and store them with your envelopes/cardstock. It really does help.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!