View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #24
artisticsole
Swapper of the Month - April 2013

Send a message via MSN to artisticsole
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffie_00us View Post
We are upgrading. We need new windows, have been living with out screens for almost 12 years. I love to open my windows so it was always a hassle with the bugs and cats (thankfully I have scaredy cats and rarely got out). We will knock out a wall to open up the living room but it needs a support beam. The wind also damaged our glass door, so we will get that replace as well as get a new 'pretty' front door. The current door is just old and I have painted it but it is time to go. I want a window in the door. FEMA gave us money but it will only cover part of everything we want to do. We have applied for a FEMA loan which is at 1.5%, just waiting to see if we are approved. I am sure we will since DH and I have both have credit ratings over 790. We have learned to live with in our means and we live on salary (mine). We decided to go with smaller house with out alot of upgrades to have a smaller mortgage. This way after we moved in, he quit his job and started his own business. All I have to say is sticking to a budget is VERY VERY hard.
Sounds like this is going to be a good thing! Lots of new upgrades for you that you've waited a while for! Yeah my budget is blown each month, so I can only imagine how hard it would be if I HAD to stick to it! :/ I'm soooo happy for you though!! Can you post pics of what you're doing? I love to see renovations...I'm such a house hunter and renovation junkie on HGTV!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!