View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #4807
jeanie0469
Cardstock Collector

I know that I do not post on here very often, but here is an idea for you ladies, a week ago Monday I did my very first craft show. I was able to get in touch with the director of the Senior Housing apartment. A huge one, 11 floors. They gave me the whole community room, no fee, and they even advertised for me. I made over $250.00! The seniors were thrilled to have a craft show come to them. Many remarked that they never get to see any neat items or even buy any because they cannot get out to the craft shows, due to health & mobility reasons. The Director was such a sweet lady and set it up for my show to be on the seniors payday. I had a steady stream of traffic and lots of fun conversations. If you do not mind being patient and helping them, they love to buy, but do not get the chance.
2 days after the show I got a call from the Director, they would like me to come back 3-4 times a year. Valentines, Easter, Halloween, & of course Christmas. I gladly accepted.

So maybe this might be something that you ladies can try? I did it on a whim, and got very lucky. I am now checking out other Senior housings to see what more I can do.

Also, I am still getting calls from some seniors wanting more of this or that, and they LOVE personalized items. Thursday I get to load up the SUV and make more deliveries! So the sales have not stopped!

Lastly, a HUGE thank you for you ladies sharing your talents, ideas, & pictures! I read alot here, but rarely post. But now that I have my first show under my belt, I feel like a junkie, I want to do more and more shows. I know that not all shows go well, but from what I can see seniors are the way to go for me!!!
HAPPY CRAFTING LADIES!!!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!