View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #30
Hardware Hotshot

Originally Posted by jeffnval View Post
OK Ladies!

I finally sat down last light to do my Christmas cards. I had decided to use the Christmas Tree Spellbinder die. It is so beautiful and Ornate. I was making 65 cards. I had an assembly line going as I worked process. Let me tell you that longest most stressful part was actually cutting the die. (Actually it was getting the paper out of the die...OH EM GHEE!)

So, I was originally going to pop up the Tree on foam tape. But about about 2 hours of cutting the tiniest strips and fussing with it sticking to the scissors ect. I only was able to finish two tress. I gave up!

I decided to get my quilling bottle of glue out and work with that. However w/ this particular die. You can not just put a few dot of glue in strategic spots. It needs full coverage due to the swirls that were a bit "stretched" out from pulling it out of the die. RATS.

So I got out the sticky dots that are designed for detailed cuts. Well that was a mess b/c the swirls of the tress were being pulled and stretched even more as I tried to lift it off the backing sheet. RATS again.

So I tried placing the trees up-side-down in a box and used spray adhesive. BINGO!

I finished the rest of the tress in 5 min!

Thanks to all of you who recommend the Spray adhesive.

Has anyone else worked with this die? What worked for you?
I got the Dots adhesive and worked wo
I use my Xyron for that die and it worked great. Also if you place a piece of waxed paper between the die and the cardstock everything will pop right out with no fuss!
Debbie Seyer
Design Team Member for Heartfelt Creations, The Rubber Cafe', Pink Ink Stamps, Crafter's Companion Inspiration DT

My Blog- A Peek Into My Stamping Room
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!