View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #2046
Stampin Wrose
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by trefoil View Post
Atheists around world suffer persecution, discrimination: report | Reuters

I don't think this is news to anyone in this thread.
And this comment shows how people simply do NOT get it.

"And regarding persecution in USA, i honestly have never heard of any atheist statues, decorations, traditional pageants, parades or school functions being attacked in courts – only the atheists do that to Christians.
This whole article is intentionally misleading from the very title.
not news, just fear mongering directed toward atheists, who may already feel ‘left out’ of the holiday of Christmas and Hanukkah but NOT because they are forced out or persecuted in any way as this false article suggests, but simply because in their worldly wise minds, atheists have no room for the spirit of these holidays."

The only decorations THIS atheist (me) has are sports related, or other non-religious decor. Atheists in public schools should not be forced to participate in religious functions, pageants, or parades; so excuse us for protesting when someone does try to force that.

And, lastly, we are not complaining about feeling "left out" of the religious holidays, as a matter of fact, those of us in this thread have expressed how we choose to participate (or not). Our choice. The article isn't about atheists complaining about being left out. It's about atheists being discriminated against. Sheesh.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!