View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
blusky
SCS Swap Moderator

Default Postal Challenge, Love your Brayer Card Swap

New Open Challenge, Love your Brayer Card Swap Due March 1, 2013.

This is a little different then my usual swaps. As it is a technique challenge. It requires you to use a Brayer. If you have never used one you need to get one. There is an instruction link. I think the affect it creates is really neat. So you need to get some scrap paper try it. The possibilities are endless with this technique. We get to bring back to life stamps we got tired of. Plenty of time to play. Plenty of color and wow.

Now who canít stand to learn or try something new? I know I always want to learn new thing and am always asking questions on here. Be creative and have fun with it. So what are you waiting for? Try different color combos. Ink combos. Spectrum inks are great for this.Youíll never know what you will come up with until you give it a shot.
Sign up for as many spots as you'd like, but please, make a different design and colors for each spot you take.

Make your cards theme related to a theme or image you really like.. The stamps U chose to ink should reflect You. This Ink some ladies with cocktails in hand, ink a beer can any drink you can think of. But have fun doing it. Oh Heck Create a piece of art for your wall using this technique. We want our swapper to feel as if they are receiving a card from a special friend. Be you I encourage Creativity, sense of humor and off the cuff cards. If you are not into this you can still join and pm me and tell me you do not want sassy off the cuff cards. I want everyone to be happy and have fun.

You must check in 2 weeks before the end date and let me know you are still in the swap. If you need to drop out that is fine life happens but I don't have the time to pm 20 people a few times to see if you are still in the swap. If you can't do this then don't sign up. Thank you.

Description requirement:
Full Size Card - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 It could be a regular full size card, Fancy folds, pop ups any style card are always welcome. If you make a long card or different size please include envies.

Quantity: 5+1
(the plus one is for the hostess...that's me

You will make six cards in total and receive five back
You will not get one of your own back, so make sure to make an extra one for yourself!

Vendor products:
No vendor restriction, but please use only good quality card stock
Please use at least 2 layers
Embellishments are optional on this card as the image you ink my stand alone.
Take pride in making fabulous cards with friends in mind
Everyone is welcome. If you never done a swap before take the plunge it will be fun.
Take the plunge try this out. Most of us will be newbieís at this. We can learn together.

Recipe:
Although a recipe is not required, some folks may want to know how to case your card, or what kind of technique you are using as we are always trying to learn. If you decide to include your recipe please make sure to add Your Real Name, SCS Name, Swap Name, email address, products and techniques used.

Deadline: In my hands by March 1st, 2013 and I will have them postal within 10 days of the due date. Cards not received by then will regrettably be returned to sender as not to hold up the swap.

Mailing instructions: Packaging and Swap Return:
Mailing: Put your cards in a zip lock bag with the swap name, your real name, and your SCS name. Please send a self addressed stamped envelope with the same postage as it took to send to me plus two extra stamps just in case needed. Thanks!
DO NOT send metered postage as we all know they only work for day of purchase!! If you would rather use Priority mail, please include one $5.15 priority stamp and a self-addressed priority label. I will provide priority envelope. If you are mailing from Canada please include $4 US to cover return postage, and I will return whatever is left to you.

All return mail will be sent via First Class unless you request (and provide for) otherwise. NO METERED POSTAGE PLEASE.

Boni is going to give us some of her creations to view for this swap.

In next post I will post 50 ways to love your Brayer which was created by Boni.

Brayer gallery Link
brayer - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com

Michelle ZINDORF BRAYER Blog http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/
Michelle Zindorf gallery ZINDORF - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com
Tutorial Splitcoaststampers - Brayered Batik Technique Tutorial by Beate Johns
Splitcoaststampers - Brayered Sky Technique Tutorial by Michelle Zindorf

Please donít hesitate to post questions to this thread. I welcome all advice. Welcome all swappers to post messages and make friends during the swap.
Thanks for joining!!

Address:
Vivian Vega Schoch
136 Journey Drive
Albrightsville, PA 18210

1.susiestampr
2.cardcrafty
3.venus@home
4.Petu2000
5.Deborahmarie
6raquelita_uno
9.ncrosarian

Last edited by blusky; 03-05-2013 at 08:25 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!