View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #29
jeffnval
Matboard Maniac

OK Ladies!

I finally sat down last light to do my Christmas cards. I had decided to use the Christmas Tree Spellbinder die. It is so beautiful and Ornate. I was making 65 cards. I had an assembly line going as I worked process. Let me tell you that longest most stressful part was actually cutting the die. (Actually it was getting the paper out of the die...OH EM GHEE!)

So, I was originally going to pop up the Tree on foam tape. But about about 2 hours of cutting the tiniest strips and fussing with it sticking to the scissors ect. I only was able to finish two tress. I gave up!

I decided to get my quilling bottle of glue out and work with that. However w/ this particular die. You can not just put a few dot of glue in strategic spots. It needs full coverage due to the swirls that were a bit "stretched" out from pulling it out of the die. RATS.

So I got out the sticky dots that are designed for detailed cuts. Well that was a mess b/c the swirls of the tress were being pulled and stretched even more as I tried to lift it off the backing sheet. RATS again.

So I tried placing the trees up-side-down in a box and used spray adhesive. BINGO!

I finished the rest of the tress in 5 min!

Thanks to all of you who recommend the Spray adhesive.

Valerie

Has anyone else worked with this die? What worked for you?
I got the Dots adhesive and worked wo