View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #1679
Susanne527
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Tracie- Thanks for hosting the next round. If there are enough peeps who are willing to send to Germany -counīt me in !!! The period sounds perfect for me and to make it in the same way like this round also.

Linda- Hope you are feeling better today !! AND have fun with your goodies !

Patti- Sounds like a fully house during the holdiays. I hope you find some time to relax. Donīt stress yourself !

Kathy- Happy birthday to your DS. I wish a super fun day at the movie theater !!

Susanne- Some of my friends are from Croatia and if it is to go fast, they speak Croatian. If they yell at the kids too.
Native languages ​​are a good thing. But mostly there are the languages ​​of the parents and not the children. The children of my friends are born and raised in Germany and they did not speak in public. It's a little embarrassing to them.
My girlfriend talks to her daughter in Croatian and she answers in German. Super funny.
This is too funny--why would the kids be embarrassed to speak German in public? I think it is wonderful--it's like they are speaking in secret code around me when I hear someone speaking a different language in Boston (even someone who speaks Spanish in the grocery store locally)...and love how the daughter answers in German when her mom speaks to her in Croatian--is the language like one another or very different?

Funny: Our Stop & Shop Grocery store has automated checkout counters-you have a choice of English or Spanish. The woman's voice sounds a lot like a GPS (giving directions in a car). So, when K and I are bored--we flip it to Spanish and turn up the volume--hysterical!!! Kala is well-versed in Spanish since she has taken the language at school since Kindergarten--I have no idea what the "voice" is saying--just goofy stuff!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!