View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #46
cakhuxel
Rubber Obsessor

I have wanted one of these forever, and the new Portrait size has really caught my attention. I have a dedicated craft room, but not much space left for a bulky machine that I have to constantly hook up to the laptop. I am curious about a few things, and am hopeful you can help me.

I work exclusively on a Mac. Thoughts?

I am very skilled in graphics, Photoshop etc. Do they still require Adobe Illustrator, or do they have dedicated software for Mac users now?

What's the learning curve? Am I going to be up all night trying to cut a circle?

If money were no object, would you push for the bigger machine or would you be happy with the modest size Portrait? (I don't see myself cutting any 12"x12") So what's the relative merits of the Portrait, those of you who have one? And the negatives.

These are the reasons I've been dragging my feet. I know the machine is awesome, I know all the stuff it is supposed to be able to do- but what EXACTLY can I expect? I don't want to plop down another $200 for yet another dust collector that's too difficult to actually use.

Thanks VERY much!!
-c
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!