View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:04 AM   #1655
Susanne527
Watercolor Wizard

Imke--giggling here about the 'bad words'..too funny. You have the perfect defense if the SCS police question your verbage--tell them you speak German and are doing your very best with our crazy English language! I am always amazed that you communicate so well in English--My mom's mother language was Lithuanian-they spoke it around her house growing up--Circa 1927. They lived in a predominately Lithuanian neighborhood in Marquette Park, (south Chicago) area-so they spoke it socially as well. As my mom's family went to school-they learned English--but I was always amazed if she didn't want us to hear her conversation (speaking to my aunt on the phone), she'd segway into Lithuanian mid-sentence...or a couple of words! It would drive us nuts; Mom speaking to Auntie Donnie: "Did you hear about the....(lithuanian words here) back to English, few more (Lithuanian churps here)...she would get off the phone and we'd say (repeating the Lithuanian word to the best of our ability)..Mom would say "nevermind"! So I basically can say "hello how are you" and "swear words" in Lithuanian!!! haha

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!