View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #1645
MommaPatti
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
One of my friends has a 3 month old little guy named Sammie; he was admitted into the hospital yesterday for RSV. Someone mentioned they thought it was early for RSV; Patti, do you know anything about that? She is a new Mom and had been worried because he had a cold last week.
Oh, yes, it is RSV season. We start immunizing our preemies that are close to going home starting in late October/early November, and they get a shot monthly thru March or April. RSV has symptoms that are initially like a cold, only it gets worse. Daniel had it when he was 7 months old, fortunately dodged a hospital admit because he was able to take enough liquids and not get dehydrated, plus Rachel gave him respiratory treatments at home. Is Sammie in daycare? Much more likely to get it from daycare, but not impossible if he is at home with mom. Adults can get RSV,too, but we think we have a bad cold, we don't get as severely sick as the little ones. Poor Mom, it's hard to have your baby admitted to the hospital, no matter what the reason, but little Sammie should be fine within a week or so.

Glad to hear your goodies arrived, Angela! It is a lot like having a birthday, I loved my "shower" month, it was so much fun!!

Tracie and Angela, got your pm's and plan to acknowledge...just haven't had time!

On my way back into work, have a hellish schedule for the next couple of weeks, only 2 nights off out of the next 11. Oh well...

Hope everyone is doing well, and getting ready for the holidays without tooooo much stress.