View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:23 AM   #2048
Anemone
CBC Lady Violet

I am so out of it this morning. Could not get to sleep last night - the last time I remember looking at the clock it was 1:15 am. And my alarm goes off at 6.......... So I think I had about 4.5 hours sleep. I know that I was REALLY out of it first thing this morning - when my alarm first went off, I remember thinking how annoying and rude it was that someone called me at that time of the morning and then when I answered didn't answer me back. Yes, I was so out of it I picked up the phone when my alarm clock went off. I fell asleep again dreaming about rude people & phones. Fortunately, when the alarm went off for the second time about 5 minutes later, I was a little more lucid! I've had a shower & have been pouring strong tea down my throat, so now somewhat resemble a functioning human being, but I could still cheerfully go crawl back into bed & sleep for several hours. Maybe I will have a nap when I get home from work. Long busy day ahead, though at least we will be fully staffed for once. We've been short a person in my department for the last 8 days and we have been really busy on top of that and it has really taken its toll. We're just hitting the beginning of one of our busiest times of the year, so the schedules are only going to get crazier.
Hopefully I can get some work done on my cards tonight - forget writing, addressing them etc., I haven't even made them yet!