View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #2002
Arlene Bridges
Watercolor Wizard

Just to let you know I am not going home to sleep this afternoon... lol

I am going home to feed the cats, turn on the garage lights, and then Stacy (my work buddy) is taking me to Little Rock. We are going to Lazy Boy to find me a recliner. Then I am taking her to dinner at Olive Garden. I am sure hoping to be home by 7 - 7:30 so I can rest tonight.

Worked my butt off today on portfolios. In the past 3 days, I have built the entire 7th grade Literacy and Math portfolio and the Life Science section for 1 student. That means I have hunted down a total of 63 different entry sheets (3 per each Student Learning Expectation) on this kid's level. Then coded each of them. Still have to do the Physical Science and Earth/Space Science sections, so we are talking 12 more entry sheets... ugh...

After that I have to have him complete 2 of every 3 entries. Then the 3rd in each set has to be a series of captioned photos (so 3 to 6 photos per entry).

Now look at me doing more grade levels too!
5th grade has Literacy, Math and Science - 1 portfolio for me to do
7th grade has Literacy, Math and Science - 1 portfolio for me to do
8th grade has Literacy and Math - 3 portfolios for me to do
10th grade has Biology - 1 for me to do
11th grade has Literacy - 2 for me to do

Plus I still might get one more student. I already got an extra 8th grader, but I was smart and copied a portfolio from my master for her. Wouldn't be bad but I had to redo the 7th, 8th, 10th and 11th for lower level kids than I have done in the past.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Then lets talk about 2 conferences I have to prep for on Friday. Plus lesson plans for a sub. Tomorrow is going to be a hard day.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!