View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #6006
mamaxsix
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdoyle8 View Post
Holy cow, Gail --- you are NOT a failure! I have to share this with you - I was thinking about you this morning. I'm stressing over my daughter's college auditions, right? I thought of you and how you homeschool SIX CHILDREN. Suddenly, my burden didn't seem so bad LOL!
Thanks Vickie. It is the hormonal challenge I face each month where all I can see is the areas where I'm not doing well and have to talk myself out of believing lies that wake me in the middle of the night (accompanying the lovely hot flashes).
Helping high school kids transition into the next phase is an extremely stressful time. Both my oldest 2 had really hard senior years, for my DS it was the summer and thankfully God gave me the grace to be the one who could talk them down. (2nd DS waited until 2 days before he was due to leave for college this summer to tell us he didn't want to go!!!) It is such a tremendous stress for everyone with seemingly huge implications for the future. I had to keep telling myself and the kids that so many people head to college and even head out of college still not knowing exactly what their future jobs, etc will look like. Also, other than to make conversation, when has any adult been questioned about their SAT scores, GPA, or even what school they attended. It is not as important as we allow it to become!
OK, off my soap box. Go moms! We can do it and stretch to meet the needs of all those we're responsible for! Amen!

Stamping for my Sanity's Sake!

Romans 8:28-29
I finally have a blog! Click here to check it out.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!