View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #685
stampinbb
blaBBermouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
Re: the coats for kids... before my boys were old enough to voice their opinion, I used to order them the Land's End hooded Squall jackets. I watched for the sales, and bought them large for the first year, and there's enough age difference between the boys that ODS would get a jacket, wear it for two winters, then YDS would eventually grow into it and wear it for two winters. I figured it was better to buy a $40 or $50 coat knowing it would last for four years than to buy a $20 coat at Target or Walmart that might last for only two.

And Amber - how many of our former coats have your boys worn?
DS1 wore the orange one for two years, but I had to replace it last year as it took quite a beating on year two. LOL

DS1 then wore the red and blue one for one year and its still just slightly too big for DS2.

I ended up ordering the same squall coats on a big time clearance a couple of years ago(to fit while DS2 was growing into your boys')and those are still in the closet. I think this is the last year for DS2's to fit. Its a powder blue, though and I think I can keep it around for Bbaby.