View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #9
ktfabian2
Crimping Master

Monica, Heather and Susan,

Thank You!! Thank you for signing up and for donating. It's so important to support our soldiers (and their families!)

My son is in the PA Army National Guard, but at times he seems to put in almost as much time as an active duty soldier. He was training and then in Iraq for a year, spent almost 9 months preparing to go first to Qatar and then Kuwait, only to have both deployments cancelled at the last minute. He's also been mobilized for state emergencies three times, most recently spending 3 weeks in NYC following Hurricane Sandy. We're so proud of what he's done with his life but also know that there are many soldiers who don't have families standing behind them.

I adopted a soldier through Soldier's Angels who was serving in Afghanistan. She's been there for over a year when my first package arrived. It happened to get there faster than my first letter, and she was so surprised that a package had been sent to her that she actually called security to open it! What a shame!

So thank you and Lois for helping to do something to support our men and women still serving overseas,
Tracy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!