Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts
Default *OPEN* Faith-based, christian crafters Blogging Crafty Group!

Hello SCS Paper Crafters! I wanted to reach out to you today to see if anyone would be interested in joining/creating with me in a blogger’s group - Crafters of Faith! I have thought of this group for awhile now and feel compelled to reach out to all/any others that might be interested and hold the same ideals for a blogging group! The mission is simple – have a wonderful, comfortable place for us women/mommies/aunts/grandmas and beyond to have a place to come and join together in a faith based, non threatening and “home” feel! We’ll encourage each other daily, lift each other up, pray for one another as need and of course, craft together! I know for me, I am always striving to grow further in my spiritual walk and growing in faith and friendship is a wonderful start

I’d like to start out with a group of crafters that have a blog and wouldn’t mind following each other’s blog to share our paper creations and beyond! It might be a card, or scrapbook layouts, or maybe paper crafting you can share on any level! You can be a beginner or a pro, no worries! We’ll all grow together in God’s love and grace, and I’d like to share that anything from daily postings to card kits to cards with faith based images or scriptures might be included. I’d like for us to share a once a month posting as a “team” as well!

Mostly, this will be “our” group! A place to take a break from life, have a sip of coffee or tea, and just know you are loved, prayed for, and always a place to be happy, refreshed, renewed!
If you think you’d like to join, please sign up below and I’ll be in contact with you shortly to get us started! I’m so excited to start this new venture and hope you’ll find a place to join, too!

Blessings!

Our blogging list thus far
1. Carolina -Cardolina Scrapolina
2. LizW - Right Brained Madness
3. Mary Rose Mary Rose Cafe
4. Jackie - Kreatewithme2
5. LizD - crafts4thesoul
6. JeanetteCreativePlay
7. Darlene According to Bijou
8. Carol Lost in my craft room
9. Kadie InMyMindsEye
10. Tami Blueinksdesign
11. Barb - Inkinintoretirement
12. April - April'sAlley
13. Marsha Stamping Down South
14. Kelly - Sandcastle Stamper

Hostess Months!
January '13- Sharon
February '13- Tami
March '13- Jeanette
April '13 - April
May '13 - Jackie
June '13- Carolina (on break) New Hostess: BARB
July '13- Kelly
August '13 -Barb
September '13 - Carol
October '13- LizW
November '13- Darlene
December '13 - Kelly

**Challenges** are now listed on post #3!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 08-02-2013 at 08:39 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am "so" in!
Patti ~ Stampersize

Patti ~My blog Stampersize
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default PART 2 of the first post!!!

January Challenge!
Hostess: Sharon
2013 is here! What a great time to clear out the old to make way for the new.

* For this challenge, I would like to see you use both old stash and new stash to create your card/project.

* To add a little fun to the challenge, I'd love to see you try a new technique -- something you've never done before. You can check out google, youtube, or even the SCS forums and galleries for inspiration!

* Make sure you tell me what's new and what's old and post a link or give a little description of the technique you used.

February Challenge
Hostess: Tami
I have a crafting tool that I just had to have and have hardly used. Does that sound remotely familiar?! I think you all may have the same tool in your arsenal. I would like you to drag out your scoring tool. Scor-Pal mini, biggie, Martha mini, biggie or if you do not have one of those, I am sure that you may have a scoring blade on your paper cutter. SCORE!!! It would be fun to see how you all incorporate scoring onto your card. You know I am into 'use what'cha got', so if you do not have a scoring tool of any sort, please create without this element. Oh and I do not mean just a score to fold your cardbase in half! LOL

While it is a 'lovely' month February, let's create a card that is not Valentine's themed. That being said, it is the second part of this challenge. Let's not use Valentine theme, red, pink or white colors anywhere on our cards. That includes the paper you stamp your image on....*gasp*!

For our third element, how about we place both an image and a sentiment on the front of the card.
>>>>>>>>>>

March Theme:
Hostess: Jeanette
Since we will be posting on Easter Sunday � March 31 � and since we are Crafters of Faith, I�d like us to create a religious-themed Easter card. No Easter bunnies and such, but instead a card that focuses on the Risen Lord! It can include Scripture and/or images, but needs to focus on the religious aspect of the holiday.

He is not here; he has risen! (Luke 24:6)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
April's Challenge

I spent my childhood being called April Showers or even April Flowers.....hence my email address of aflowers.... It would probably be called bullying nowadays, but I seemed to take it all in stride. Because of this moniker, I wanted to highlight a verse which is about Spring. I think this one is apropos!

Leviticus 26:4 - Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.

Although my verse does not say flowers explicitly, a plant must flowers before it bears fruit. I would love your card this month to show off flower --- stamps, die cuts, crocheted, etc! {If you want, you can add rain, but that isn't a necessity.}

Have fun with this verse and the glorious Spring Season!

May Theme
Hostess: Jackie
"For God so loved the world; that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

This is my most favorite verse in the Bible. It speaks to me about love...a great love that will never end. How awesome!!! For the month of May; I would like you ladies to create something out of love. Interpret this anyway you want...it can be a fave stamp set; some of your fave embellishments, maybe even a project for a loved one. There's so many possibilities & I can't wait to see what you all come up with! Have fun & Happy Stamping
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
JUNE Challenge
Hostess: Barb

June is Dairy Month in Wisconsin. I remember when I was growing up there were dairy breakfasts at farms in our area and my 4-H club had a pie and ice cream social every June. Now--I am not sure that everyone has a dairy themed image. But--if you have something farm related--cow, chickens, ducks, barns, fields, etc. or dairy products related--ice cream, cheese, milk, eggs, cream puffs (the Wisconsin State Fair favorite!), or use your own imagination to honor the dairy farmer. Do you have some farm related DSP or an embossing folder? Chicken wire, barbed wire, farm animals, etc.--please be sure to use that.

I hope everyone enjoys creating a card or scrapbook page with a Dairy Farm Theme! Do you have a farm related story from your childhood to also share when you post your card? We would love to read about a favorite memory.

Have Fun--Enjoy the Challenge! Thanks--Barb
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

JULY Challenge
Hostess: Kelly

Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them." ~ John 7:38

Hi Faith sisters! This month�s Crafter�s of Faith challenge theme is inspired this verse and your theme is: Water ! It�s summer and many of us are enjoying the splendors of the outdoors � boating, swimming, walking along the lakes and rivers. Summer rains, as heavy and burdening as they can sometimes be, bring us new growth all around ~ trees, green grass and gorgeous flowers blooming. Even spiritually, many people accept Jesus into their hearts and become baptized in water and have beach baptisms. Water is a beautiful, healing, essential! This month, I want you to use WATER as your theme on your cards: Be as creative as you like - think boats, oceans, the beach, tilted watering cans, bird baths, falling rain, etc! Let water be the focus of your card and extra brownie points for using the color BLUE !! Blessings! *
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

August Challenge !
Hostess: Barb
Memories of Mom and Dad! Exodus 20:12 �Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

Even though my parents have been gone for close to 20 years, I still have wonderful memories of both of them. Some of you may have one or both of your parents still an active part of your lives and for others, the memories are what we hold close. So--what can you create on your card that reminds you of you mom or dad or both of them? A site from a family vacation? A hobby--music, gardening, literature, art, etc.? A favorite food? Your mom cooking? Your dad spending time with cars? Or vice versa . Create a card that shines of the memories that honor your father and mother.

Enjoy this trip back in time--or maybe it is just a few steps back of a recent memory. Tell us in your blog post about your card, the memory it unlocks and a bit about your parents if you want to share. I cannot wait to see all of the wonderful memories you create and post on August 31st. Have Fun getting inky--Barb

On a side note--not to be included in your blog post......... if you would rather create a card with memories of a person in your life that is that father or mother figure--please do so. Share as much or as little as you want. I hope this challenge is not too difficult for anyone....

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 08-01-2013 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: cont'd
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Kelly, Hi Patty, I would like to join too!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajojusView Post
Hi Kelly, Hi Patty, I would like to join too!!!
Welcome Carolina! So happy to have you joining! I've found your blog and have you down - so blessed to meet ya!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Thank you Kelly. I'm not in my computer now, tomorrow I'll update my blog with your names. Have a wonderful night!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Yes Kelly, I would love to join, when I go to put my name in the pot I get a education ad, LOL, maybe it's trying to tell me some thing, please add my name!!! thanks hon
http://cfaftieodamae.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 02:06 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

oh yeah, could some one tell me how to remove HC from my name, maybe I do need education LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 03:33 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Good Morning Ladies,
Hope you have a GREAT day and the Lord blesses your socks right off!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 03:47 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning, I am lost in SCS LOL, you all may not want me after all, I know how to post a card but think it about stops there, is there a SCS 101 for dummies LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 03:50 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

It's just like anything else Olga! Play around a little and you will find your way!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 03:50 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

hey,
I got rid of HC !!!!! Thank you Sweet Jesus!!!!!! Not that I want to get rid of them, it's just I don't design for them anymore, except for the Alumni, remember me and Bill this morning as we travel to NC to the doctors, one is for his lungs and the other is a new doctor about his HIGH sugar levels. Yall have a wonderful Blessed Day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 03:53 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

I will keep you guys in my prayers! Hope all goes well {{{Hugs}}}

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Good morning ladies!!!. Welcome Olga!!!. I visited your blogs today and became a follower. I'll be updating my blog in the afternoon with a list of us. Have a blessed day!!!.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good afternoon! Welcome Olga!! So happy to have you joining - no worries, we'll learn together!

Updating the list!

Blessings to you all this afternoon!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

"Wonderful people are created by God. Wonderful moments are carefully planned by God. And wonderful friends like you are carefully chosen by God!"
~Unknown

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

Good afternoon ladies. I updated my blog. I made a list of our group under "Faith based Blog group". This is going to be fun!!!. Have a great, blessed rest of the day!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Bumping for more crafters to join!! We'd love to have you join us!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for your prayers yesterday, we had a safe trip to and from. His lungs are maintaining but now he takes 2 shots a day for his sugar levels. We are joining WW this morning so need prayers for that too LOL Have a Blessed Day!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

Good morning ladies!!! Hi Olga, our prayers and thought for your family. I hope everything will get better, and thanks for your comments in my blog, your blow is beautiful too. I had that background before, I'm glad I changed it if not our blogs would be very similar , I love it. I'm always changing my blog, but I'm liking this one. I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day. I'll be cleaning and cooking today since some friends are coming to play Mah Jong with us. I played it long time ago and I love it but I forgot. I'm looking forward to this. See you all later!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

How fun I LOVE Mah Jong! I play it on the computer! Hope every has a wonderful weekend full of blessings!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good evening, girls! Olga, so glad to hear that dh is doing so well- I am a Lifetime member of WW! Of course, that was 25+ ago, lol, and I keep saying I'm going to go back :eek: Let us know how you do, we'll be your support buddies!

Carolina, sounds like a fun evening lined up! It's been pretty quiet here this evening but it was a busy afternoon!

Hi Patti!!
xoxo

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hey Kelly, Do you mind if I invite my Sis? She is just getting back into stamping. I don't know if she will join... but she would be a lot of fun!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ooh Patti, that would be wonderful!! We'd love to have her!! Hugs!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 431 Likes on 164 Posts

Kelly, sign me, it sounds like fun. I love taking part in Christian groups.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazylizardView Post
Kelly, sign me, it sounds like fun. I love taking part in Christian groups.
Welcome, Liz! Such a blessing to have you joining! Look for a PM in the morning - after church, I'll be sending to you all a lil information! In the meantime, I found your blog and followed -- I've updated my sidebar with our current crafters, too. Blessings!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 03:53 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kelly!!!! I want in girl! This is an amazing idea.
I end each of my blog posts with the word....Blessings...
I love the idea of being a part of a blog group that goes right along with what I'm saying each time I post!!!
I'M SO EXCITED!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Liz and Melina! Great to see you here! I already follow you Liz and am now following you Melina! This is group will bless the hearts of all I'm sure! Have a great day full of blessings!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Liz and Melina, welcome! I will be going to your blogs and following you ............
I too am a life timer with WW, only I'm a few pounds over so I have to pay, I did great yesterday getting back into it, only to descover I need to change my coffee creamer, 2 cups this morning and that was 5 points, so NOT worth the points..........LOL. I can have 26 points total, and don't anyone fall out of your chair and get hurt but I need to lose 40 pounds!!!!!!!!!! I have really put it on since I stopped smoking back last Sept 2010. but I'll do it, with God's help and lots of prayers!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #30  
Polyshrink Goddess

Don't you fall out of the chair Olga... I too have to lose 40, well now 34! I quit eating sugar 12 days ago and it really is working! We can support each other LOL! I'm pretty much cutting most carbs out of my diet! With WW aren't fruits and veggies free now? I just had coleslaw for breakfast... my fat was the dressing!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #31  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good SONday morning, friends!!

Welcome Melina! Such a blessing you are to so many! What a joy to have you joining and your spirit just shines through with your posts -- I know that the girls will be blessed to "know" you! Hugs!!!

Hi Patti, Hi Olga, Hi Liz, Hi Carolina!!

I am so energized by the spirit today - what a wonderful service we had, though our pastor is in North Carolina due to his father being critically ill. I know that he would appreciate all prayers as we know he will be soon called home - and how hard that is for the family! But our assistant pastor was so energizing and upbeat, it was hard not to capture the joyous moments! PTL!

I'll be sending you all some information today -- if you get a chance and can fill it out, that would be GREAT!!!

Much Love!! x0x0

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #32  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I just love this one today! I received this in my inbox - Amen!

Don�t be foolish or slow of heart, I will not pass you by.
Sit with Me.

I am your healer, the restorer of your soul, and the One who forgives.
Turn to Me.

I will lead you to still waters and quiet resting places.
Walk with Me.

I wait for you with outstretched arms to assure you of My love.
Run to Me.

Let My words be as a flame of love that burns deep within you.
Sup with Me.

Why are you troubled and why do doubts arise so easily?
Look to Me.

I am your song, I want to fill your heart with My praises.
Delight in Me.

What I have told you, I am faithful to fulfill.
Rest in Me.

Let Me open your understanding so you can know all I have done for you.
Learn of Me.

I am glorified and have sent you the promise of My Father.
Drink of Me.

I will be your source of joy and fruitfulness. You will never be empty.
Abide in Me.

I speak to you the promises that come from My Father�s heart.
Trust in Me.

I place My hands over you and pour out my richest blessings upon you.
Receive from Me.

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #33  
Insane Embellisher

Welcome Liz and MELINA???, that is great Melina, this is going to be our third group together YAYYY!!!, I'm so happy!!!. It is going to be a great group!!!. I'll be visiting Liz later tonight and adding you to my blog list on my blog. Now I have to start moving some furniture, we are changing a couple of bedrooms and beds. Lots to do so I'll be busy, but I'll visit all of you later. Have a BLESSED SUNDAY everyone!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #34  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 431 Likes on 164 Posts

Thanks for the warm welcomes ladies. I will try to get over and add a special place for all of you my new found friends. Hope I get it right. Let's just say I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box when it comes to technology. This old dog is trying to learn all these new tricks. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #35  
Inking Addict

I want to join in to I created a blog just so I could join in.

Design By Faith
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hiya!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes
I have added a blog list and am now a follower of you all (of course I was already following Kelly and Carolina ;))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning Ladies! I would love to join this group if you'll have me. I believe this type of inspiration & encouragement is exactly what I need.....have a great rest of the day :-)
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApostolicCynthiaView Post
I want to join in to I created a blog just so I could join in.

Design By Faith
I'm so impressed, a beautiful blessed blog it is! You did great! I tried to become a follower but not sure it worked - my comment came up as anonymous But I'll keep trying! I'll add you to the list now - is your name cynthia? Welcome, welcome! blessing to have you! x0x0

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #39  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2View Post
Good Morning Ladies! I would love to join this group if you'll have me. I believe this type of inspiration & encouragement is exactly what I need.....have a great rest of the day :-)
Jackie!!! SOooooo happy to see you here! Welcome, friend!! I am so glad you found us - you are such an inspiring, happy, creative crafty lady! I know I have much to learn from you!

I'll update the first page, girls - our wonderful little Crafters of Faith is growing! PTL!

Morning, all! x0x0

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

if you have room I would love to join, I need to update my blog as life has put a few bumps in my road , one our first grandchild so haven't had time to blog for a long while, but my goal is to get that up and running this month.
Liz
crafts4thesoul
Reply With Quote Likes