View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #972
Shayshe
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
I am taking a quick peek in. I saw the Perfect Pearl Stencil posts. This is what I do I create my own designs using Inkscape or MTC. MTC has a rhinestone function in the software. You can do the same thing using Inkscape and it's free.

Rhinestone designs tutorials- making rhinestone designs Inkscape - Google Search

I cut the designs out on my die cut machine. I use acetate for the stencils so I can reuse them again. I am a big stencil junkie I could probably do three pages of make do tips on stencils, lol.

To apply rhinestones I used to have a toothpick with Aleene's Tack It Over & Over as my own frugal pick up stick. I do a lot of nail art so I have a rhinestone pick up tool I use when I do rhinestone manicures now.

I am sorry I haven't been around lately. I had a large personal hit in my life last month. I met another artist who I think in good intentions meant well but critiqued another artist whose work is similar to mine. Some of you know I have a small art line out. I am not rich or famous, lol. I am good at taking critique but what was said made me question how my art could be perceived and I worry if I am hurting anybody. I need to take some time for retrospect. I am doing a lot better now but it hit me at an emotional time. I am starting some new drawings for a new video game coming out in 2014 and it's not for the faint of heart type game that's why I got shaken up. I know silly. I am excited to be picked as an artist. I worked hard for it. I am trying to get one of my short stories published as a video game too. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

The worst news my son is going blind. He's a young college age kid. He wanted to become a doctor. Nothing can be done for his eyes. He always had problems with his eyesight but he got better as he got older but recently his eyes are failing at a rapid pace. I am trying to be strong for him but you know how us Mommy's get. I am not doing very well when I am not around him. My DH & I are trying to make him safe but still independent. He's frightful right now and rebelling badly. Keep him in your thoughts.

Another one of my furbabies passed away.

I promise I will peek in more. I love the Make do thread a lot. I take a lot of inspiration from it. I am thinking of starting a You Tube channel with my make do techniques after X-mas. My DH thinks it will be good for me to keep my mind off of things.
That's a lot to bear and not always easy to remember "God never gives us more than we can handle". I will add you to my prayers.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!