View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #28
SophieLaFontaine
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi_Ray View Post
However, my original answer is based upon my grandmothers situation. She was diagnosed with melanoma and was told she had only months to live. She waited to tell her family until after she had already made all the arrangements for her death. She made sure her kids would be taken care of, she arranged and paid for her own funeral, she finalized any last minute issues. She said she wanted to make sure that her last moments with her family were spent doing NOTHING but enjoying her company and that her family's first moments without her were spent realizing that they would make it without her. She knew that they would always miss her, but she wanted them to focus on their mental well-being after her funeral and not any mess that she may have left behind. And while she probably wanted to just lay her head on my grandpa's shoulder and cry, she was strong because that's what she wanted for her family. I think that while others may feel like her secret keeping was selfish considering she only had months, I think it was the most selfless thing she could have ever done to put her family before her when she was going through so much. And I can only hope to be as strong of a woman as she was.
WOW!! How admirable!! That is how I'd like to go!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!