View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #1
ktfabian2
Crimping Master

Default COMPLETED - THANK YOU! Cards for OPERATION WRITE HOME (Soldiers), 4+1, Due March 15

Welcome to My First Swap!
I spoke with Heather (QuillingQueen) and she's o.k. with two swaps for the soldiers going on at once!

Cards for OPERATION WRITE HOME (OWH)
Operation Write Home is an organization that collections homemade cards and sends them to soldiers overseas for the soldiers to send to their loved ones. Please be sure to see their guidelines for cards below.

We'll be making Full Cards, 4.25" x 5.5", 4+1, the plus one going to Operation Write Home You don't have to specify your theme, but please stick to general themes: Thinking of You, Missing You, Birthday, Thank You, Love, or blank. Please, NO Holidays.

Quantity : 4 +1, You won't be getting one of your own back, so please make an extra card to keep.

NVR, but please read through OWR's guidelines below.

No Recipes required, but please include a post-it with Swapper's Real Name and SCS Name with your card in case someone has questions about your technique.

OWH GUIDELINES (Please read and follow! You can read more Here at Operation Write Home or feel free to ask questions.)

1. NO GLITTER that can rub off! Glitter also is dangerous for our heroes, making them visible to night vision goggles. Stickles or pens that apply glitter are o.k., according to OWH.

2. Please leave the back of the card plain for me to stamp "Operation Write Home".

3. Line cards that have been made with dark card stock with a lighter color inside so soldiers have a place to write their messages home.

4. Use Quality Supplies - Remember that some of our heroes may be using sand as their writing table and thin paper will be hard to write on in these circumstances. Please use quality card stock for bases such as SU, PTI, GKD.

5. Do Not Use Foamies, Itty bitty stickers or glue sticks to put your card together. These don't hold up to the rigors of the battlefront.

6. Some Dimension is O.K. - and appreciated! But don't go wild. No big vintage buttons or deep 3-D embellishments to make sure the cards the soldiers send go through the postal service.

7. Please remember these cards are being sent by Soldiers so no cards that say "Wish You Were Here" or with sentiments to "mommy" or "daddy". They ask that we stick to the general themes that I've mentioned above.

8. No Hand Written Sentiments - Military wives have shared with OWH that they've gotten upset when opening a card and seeing another woman's writing inside. Let's not give them any reason to wonder.

Deadlines:
Sign-up date: Feb. 15th
Due IN MY Hands: March 15th. I understand that life sometimes gets in the way of our swaps, if you have to drop out, please send me a pm as early as possible. Any cards received after the 15th may be returned to sender.
Return Date: I'll mail back cards within 10 days of March 15th

Mailing instructions:
Packaging:
Place swap items in a large baggie for waterproof purposes. Write your real name, SCS name and swap name on a piece of paper and include in the baggie for identification purposes.
Swap Return:
First Class: Place baggie inside a self-addressed stamped envelope for return mail purposes. The amount of postage on your SASE should be the same amount that it takes to mail to the swap hostess. To insure that enough postage will cover the returned swap items, include additional postage which will be returned if not used.
Priority: Inside your baggie, include a self-addressed priority label and one priority stamp. I'll provide the priority envelope.
NO METERED POSTAGE!

I'll PM my address to all swappers at a later date.

Please feel free to sign up for more than one spot! Special prizes for anyone taking more than one spot or who donates their cards to OWH!

Thanks!
Tracy (Proud Mom of a Veteran of the war in Iraq)

1. Lois577 - donating all cards (Thank You prize)
2. Lois577 - donating all cards
3. Monicas Silcott - donating all (Thank You Prize) Rcd. rec'd
4. Monicas Silcott - donating all rec'd
5. Quilling Queen (Heather) - donating all (Thank You Prize)
6. Quilling Queen - donating all rec'd
7. StampingGoodDeeds (Susan) - donating all (Thank You Prize)
rec'd
8. StampingGoodDeeds - donating all rec'd
9. Carace (Carolyn) - donating all (Thank You Prize)
10. Carace - donating all
11. Mawmaws29 (Martha) - donating all (Thank You Prize) rec'd
12. Mawmaw29 - donating all rec'd
13. klb108(Kari) - donating all (Thank You Prize) rec'd
14. klb1082 (Kari) - donating all rec'd
15. mariel0012 (Marie)
16. ValerieO (Valerie) - donating all (Prize) rec'd
17. ValerieO red'c
18. Stamp Wizard (Sandra) - donating all (Prize)
rec'd rec'd
19. Sophiecat (Lily) donating all (Prize) rec'd
20. airbornewife(Pam) donating all (Prize) r ec'd
21. airbornewife donating all [COLOR="Rec'd"]rcd

22. airbornewife donating all [COLOR="Rec'd"]rdc[/COLOR]
23. airbornewife donating all[/COLOR] r ec'd
24. mrslaport (Marilyn) rec'd

Last edited by ktfabian2; 05-19-2013 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: add participants
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!