View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 03:34 AM   #21
ktfabian2
Insane Embellisher

I have a new favorite sweet treat that even my DH has given a two thumbs up! A woman brought this up at my WW meeting before Thanksgiving.

Baked (Microwaved) Apple:

Core an apple, any type you like is fine. I put raisins in the center of mine, but she recommended crumbling one square of graham crackers into it. I put the graham crackers on top, then add a small amount of liquid (apple juice, I've used orange juice, you can even use a little bit...less than a 1/4 cup of water, just to give it moisture while cooking). Cover with saran wrap and cook on high in microwave for 4 minutes. Serve with fat free whipped topping. She figured it out to be 2 points, but mine with raisins might be a bit more. It's delicious either way!

Other than eating baked apples, I missed this week's WW meeting. My husband was short on hours at work last week because they ran out of work, and they sent him home 1/2 way through his shift on Tuesday this past week saying they were done for the week! No work, no pay! So we're being very frugal.

We actually decided at the last minute to invite friends we hadn't seen all year over for dessert (yes, I confess, I had my husband's mocha chip brownies and ice cream, but only a little bit!). This is a couple we met through my husband's former job 15 years or so ago. My husband ended up joining their church and we've become very close over the years. The wife, Heidi, and I sponsor a child in India together through World Vision (we signed up at a concert with Aaron Shust, Down Here and Jason Grey - excellent concert!) and since we haven't seen each other, she hadn't given me her half of the monthly sponsorship fee. Well, it turned out it came pretty close to making up the difference in what my DH didn't have in his check this week. I truly believe God works in mysterious ways. I'd told my husband that we'd get by, that somehow we always do, and we will. It was a great visit, too, great conversation and I got some time to talk about my Mom, something I haven't really done since she passed away, so missing WW actually turned out to be a good thing! I just won't plan to do it again soon, especially since my DH has gotten the baking bug. Last night he made pumpkin bread with slices of apples in it. Way too good!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! We hope to get our Christmas tree this morning and have a Christmas party to go to tonight. I still haven't decided what to wear. Being down 18lbs. opened up a lot more possibilities in my closet !

Tracy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!