View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #11
Rachelrose
Die Cut Diva

I could post at length and from experience about divorce and how people tend to think the hard part is the divorce proceeding itself but that there is actually a tremendous amount of internal stuff that happens when it's all over, when you think you're supposed to be getting back to normal, but I don't know your situation and it doesn't really matter. All that matters is that you want to get back into crafting and you are feeling frustrated.

Why don't you make a commitment to do one of the challenges every week? I do the color challenge, and sometimes it takes me days to get anything I like well enough to upload. Usually I go through a predictable emotional arc - hating the colors (or one of the colors), starting a lot of things that look awful to me, feeling like I can't do it, feeling like I have to do it, noticing that something I did doesn't look so very awful, and slowly feeling my way into a satisfying direction, which culminates in a card. Doing this every week ensures that I make at least one card a week, even on weeks when I feel uncreative. If I don't have an occasion coming up, I make a birthday card, because those are always useful to have on hand.

Then you upload and get feedback, and it's very encouraging.

That being said, I think too many of look at the "professionals" among us and the rate at which they turn out great cards and think we are falling short if we aren't brimming over with ideas all the time.

So I guess I'm saying maybe you should take the pressure off yourself by not expecting to be a fount of creativity 24/7 and then put some pressure on yourself in a playful way by trying a weekly challenge.

If you do the color challenge I promise I'll post a comment!

RachelRose Designs by Robin... GALLERY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!